Tuesday, June 3, 2008

May 31, 2008


Today a group of us went back to Venice so we could do all of the tourist-y things that we did not do the first time. Since we go there around lunchtime our first order of business was to find something to eat. We crossed the bridge and walked for about 20 minutes until we found a nice restaurant with tables outside. We sat down and looked over the menu. I decided that I would try something new instead of getting pizza like just about everyone else at the table. I decided to try Spaghetti alla Carbonara which was pasta with eggs, panchetta and cheese. It was very tasty but it was very heavy so I could not finish it. It seemed like it was full of fat, the panchetta was primarily fat and the eggs and cheese made the dish very rich. It was not a good idea to get something so heavy before walking around because I felt sick after we ate.

No comments: